Thursday 22 November 2018

Cissus Quadrangularis to heal Joint Pains from Exercise


Continuing from my previous blog post where I had discussed a ‘low weekly mileage 40 day workout routine’ to reduce 10k running time, as promised, here I’m writing about a herb which reduces joint pains called ‘Cissus Quadrangularis’ A.K.A. ‘Devils Backbone’ or ‘Hadjod’ (in India), which I’m currently using for my knee pain and other assorted creaks. Very ironically, my knee pain has originated from the aforesaid workout. I made the classical exercise mistake called ‘too much, too soon’ :D

In fact, some research papers state that Cissus Quadrangularis/Hadjod (CQ) does not just heal joint pains, but even repairs bone disorders[1], fractures[2] and damaged tendons and ligaments, helps to reduce bodyweight (emphasis on central obesity)[3], treats arthritis and other inflammatory disorders[4], helps controlling bone loss (during and after menopause)[5] and also reduces cortisol.

CQ is a plant from the grape family and is indigenous to India. Assamese[6] people and tribes from Meghalaya have long been using CQ for healing fractures. Hadjod, as the name suggests, means that it joins bones. In Sanskrit, its name is Asthisamharaka which translates to that which prevents the destruction of bones.

Bite Me
Considering how preoccupied researchers, runners, and the people who don’t run are with damage to bones, knee joints, tissues and ligaments due to running (especially long distances), based on the results of the research papers on CQ, it makes immense sense for everyone engaged in running short distances, marathons, ultramarathons, crossfit, bodybuilding and triathlons to incorporate CQ as a training supplement for longevity and vitality, and also because CQ has no notable side-effects[7].

In a pilot study, titled “Cissus quadrangularis reduces joint pain in exercise-trained men”, (Phys Sportsmed. 2013 Sep;41(3):29-35. doi: 10.3810/psm.2013.09.2021), it was found that 8-weeks of supplementation with CQ reduced joint pain by about 31% in a sample of 29 young, otherwise healthy, exercise-trained men (who had joint pain).[8] Do note that this was a pilot study so the results are not conclusive, however, considering the other research papers out there which suggest that CQ has significant benefits for the musculoskeletal system with no noted side-effects, CQ supplementation for athletes makes mighty sense.

CQ extract (250mg per tablet) named Hadjod is readily and cheaply available on Amazon from Himalaya Herbal Healthcare.


- Aman Yadav



[1] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24803925
[2] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24163553 and www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25298715
[3] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1570348/
[4] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26342521
[5] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22779034 & www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3388386/
[6] nif.org.in/innovation/traditional_bone_healer/265
[7] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24113700
[8] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24113700

3 comments:

  1. HOW DR PERFECT ENLARGEMENT CREAM HELP ME TO ENLARGE MY PENIS YOU CAN ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP +1(256) 251 3614

    My name is David Richardson from USA I want to share a testimony of how Dr Perfect herbal mixture cream saved me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing and I was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small, a full grown man like me having 3 inches penis and to worsen it I don't last long in sex I can't even last four minutes it was really a big shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor, she never enjoyed sex, I was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when I saw a testimony of how Dr Perfect herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 10 inches I couldn't believe my eyes and as I speak now my penis is now 10 inches long and I don't have weak erection anymore. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable my wife is now enjoy me very well in bed. All thanks to Dr Perfect for enlarging my penis he indeed save my marriage. You can contact him at solutiontoallproblems1@gmail.com or you can add him up on WhatsApp +1(256) 251 3614. He also specializes in the following things
    Herpes virus
    Cancer
    Hsv
    Chronic venous disease
    and others

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! artrovex

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly a practical blog to discover some various resource to include my knowledge. Power Sled

    ReplyDelete